Show OFF Your Guardsman - Contest Rules
Show OFF Your Guardsman (the “Contest”)
Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”)
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
Void where prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Contest Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by [Univar] (the “Contest Sponsor”).
This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these Rules, and, by entering the Contest, will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules.
- Contest Period: The Contest starts at 8:00:00am Central Standard Time (“CST”) on August 20, 2018 and ends at 3:00:00pm CST on October 15, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of Contest entry (each an “Entrant”). Employees, representatives, and agents of the Contest Sponsor [and Future Transfer], and their respective parents and affiliated companies, contest suppliers and judges, and immediate family members of any such person (regardless of where they live) or those with whom any such persons are domiciled are not eligible to enter the Contest. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible to enter the Contest. [NTD: You indicate to be open only to Univar dealers and dealer customers only. We note this will be hard to monitor; but you can add language in this provision reflecting this.]
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary. To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period, an Entrant can submit a post (i.e. a tweet) relating to the Content on their personal or related Twitter account at https://www.twitter.com (the “Contest Post”). To be an eligible Contest Post, such Contest Post must include i) a photo of the Entrant using or interacting with a [Univar Guardsman Product], ii) the hashtag #SHOWOFFYOURGUARDSMAN, and iii) including a tag @cropweb in the Contest Post for one (1) entry into the Contest.
All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. Limit one (1) entry per Entrant during the Contest Period. Copied, repeated, or reposted entries are not permitted or valid for entry into this Contest. In order to be eligible, each entry must comply with these Rules.
An entry will be rejected if it is not fully complete. For greater certainty, in order to be valid, complete, and accepted into this Contest:
- the entry must:
- be posted during the Contest Period;
- [NTD: include any requirement related to the Retail of Purchase.]
- include the hashtag #SHOWOFFYOURGUARDSMAN Contest Post;
- include the tag @cropweb in the Contest Post;
- be accompanied by an entry form available at this link link RELEASE with with an address for delivery of any prize and certification of the Twitter handle and date of the Contest Post (the “Entry Form”)
In order for the Contest Sponsor to determine the completeness of an entry, the applicable Entrant’s Twitter account settings must be public and it is each Entrant’s sole responsibility to ensure that his/her Twitter account settings are public for verification purposes. Entries from Twitter users with “protected” updates (i.e., user has set their account so that only people the user has approved can view their updates) cannot be accepted for entry into the Contest.
To participate in the Contest, you must have a valid Twitter account that is in good standing. If you do not have an Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Twitter account. The terms and conditions for creating and maintaining an Instagram account are at the sole discretion of Twitter, and can be found on the Twitter website. The Contest is open to existing Twitter account holders as well as new account holders.
In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter profile used for a particular entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an Twitter profile by www.twitter.com. Potential winners may be required to show valid proof of being authorized account holder of the Twitter profile associated with their potentially winning entry.
Prizes: There are four-hundred (400) prizes available to be won in Canada, consisting of (1) Guardsman-branded T-shirt (the “Entry Prize”). Approximate retail value of each Entry Prize is CAD$14. If, at the time the Entry Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the content of the Entry Prize is different from the approximate retail value stated in advertising and promotion materials, and/or in these Rules, the Entry Prize winner will not be entitled to any difference.
There is one (1) prize available to be won in Canada, consisting of one (1) Guardsman branded mini-fridge (the “Grand Prize”).
Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is CAD$200. If, at the time the Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the content of the Grand Prize is different from the approximate retail value stated in advertising and promotion materials, and/or in these Rules, the Grand Prize winner will not be entitled to any difference.
Winners of an Entry Prize or Grand Prize (each, a “Prize”) will be solely responsible for all other incidental costs and expenses related to their Prize not mentioned above. The Contest Sponsor will not be required to award any Prize other than as set out in these Rules. Number of Prizes awarded depends upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Prize Substitution: Each Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash-surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify any part or all of a Prize with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason.
- Winner Determination:
The first three-hundred Entrants will receive an Entry Prize delivered to the address provided on the Entry Form.
The Contest Post with the most retweets and likes (as determined on Twitter) will receive the Grand Prize. Contest Sponsor will contact the winning Entrant via phone number (as provided in the Entry Form) within five (5) business days of the close of the Contest Period (“Winner Notification”). If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted or fails to reply to the Winner Notification within five (5) business days of the first attempt to contact, or, if contacted, does not claim their prize, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the selected Entrant will be disqualified and forfeits his/her Grand Prize, and the next eligible Entrant with the highest number of Twitter likes will be chosen whom a representative of the Contest Sponsor will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. This process will continue until contact is made with a selected Entrant who meets Contest requirements or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any selected Entrant. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. The chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) Grand Prize per winning Entrant.
Each Entrant is solely responsible for setting his/her Twitter account to public for purposes of verification.
- Prize Distribution: Once confirmed as a winner, the Entry Prizes and the Grand Prize will be sent to the winner to the address provided by the winners [via courier]. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor, or any affiliated companies for any postal mail or delivery return marked as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor, or any affiliated companies for the Prize after it has been shipped. The Contest Sponsor, and all affiliated companies make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Prize. An unclaimed Prize will not be awarded. Failure to claim a Prize will result in forfeiture of the Prize and unused portions of a Prize have no cash value. Prize winner is responsible for any applicable taxes related to any prize received. Each winner bears all risk of loss or damages to Prize after delivery.
- Winner Conditions: To be declared a winner, each selected Entrant must first: (i) have complied with, be in compliance with, and continue to comply with the Rules; (ii) provide a valid Entry Form; and (iii) in the case of the Grand Prize, sign and return a release form within a specified period of time.
- Tampering: All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, typographical or other production errors, or any errors or omissions in printing or advertising related to this Contest. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different names, e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person’s entries and eligibility to win the prize and that participant will be disqualified from the Contest and, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, any of the Contest Sponsor’s other promotions. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all entries by that Entrant.
Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the Internet or the website during the Contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Modification/Termination: The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without liability, to terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, or modify the Rules of the Contest at any time without notice, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor that corrupts the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. In such event, the Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to select a winner via random drawing from among all eligible entries received up until the time of cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension.
- Privacy: By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees that the Contest Sponsor may collect and use personal data about Entrants for the purpose of administering this Contest and as set out in the Publicity section (#12). This personal data will not be used by the Contest Sponsor to send marketing communications or information communications not related to this Contest to the Entrants.
- Publicity: By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that the Contest Sponsor and its respective designees may use his/her name, photographs, videos, likeness, city of residence, biographical information, prize information and/or statements about this Contest for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media (now or hereafter known) throughout the world, in perpetuity without compensation, notification, or permission, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of the preceding statement, the Contest Sponsor may use the Contest Post and any associated photos attached to the Contest Post on its www.cropweb.com website and its newsletter (titled the Univar Crop Sciences Connectivity Newsletter).
- Release and Liability: By entering this Contest, Entrants forever release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all damages, injuries, death, loss, or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, or while preparing for and/or participating in any Contest and/or Prize-related activity.
- Construction: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations in Canada. By entering this Contest each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which shall be final on all matters relating to the Contest.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
An Entrant may have other rights under the law of the Canadian province or territory in which he or she is resident. These may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Alberta without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Alberta. All Entrants expressly agree that the Alberta courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Alberta, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Calgary, Alberta.
- TM/IP/Copyright: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned or licensed by the Contest Sponsors and/or their respective affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Social media platforms: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Contest Sponsor and not to Twitter. Twitter is completely released of any and all liability by each Entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or concerns about the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsor and not to Twitter.
Show OFF Your Guardsman - Contest Rules